Our Community Association Law Practice
Fullett Rosenlund Anderson PC represents hundreds of community associations (including residential and commercial condominium associations, townhome associations and homeowners associations) and cooperatives located throughout Northern Illinois. The attorneys in the firm frequently author and are quoted in articles on community association issues and lecture in this area of the law. The firm’s strength in representing community associations is based on translating our attorneys’ experience into a practical and realistic approach for handling the issues confronting an association and its board. We encourage a high degree of client communication to follow a preventative law philosophy; if we can address a small problem at an early stage, it often will not become a larger, more expensive problem.
All Legal Aspects of Community Association’s Operations
We advise and act on all of the legal aspects of a community association’s operations. The firm offers a full range of transactional, assessment collection, litigation, and corporate counseling services to its community association clients. Examples of the areas in which we provide services to community associations include the following:
- Assessment collections (including representation of associations’ interests in unit owner bankruptcy and mortgage foreclosure cases);
- Declaration, by-law and rule analysis, drafting and amendments;
- Preparation of legal opinions;
- Interpretation of federal, state and local statutes, ordinances, regulations and case law;
- Contract review, development, negotiation and litigation;
- Covenant and rule enforcement and litigation;
- Fair housing disputes and litigation;
- Developer disputes and litigation and counseling regarding developer transition issues;
- Representation at ownership and board meetings;
- Bank loan transactions;
- Common element license agreement transactions;
- Reciprocal easement agreement analysis, drafting and implementation; and
- General corporate representation.
The firm’s work in both transactional and litigation matters is tailored to the individual needs of each community association client but is based on a library of customary documents and forms we have developed and refined over a collective span of many years. While we do not have to “recreate the wheel” each time we face a particular situation and typically can gear our fees accordingly, each separate client and situation is deserving of and receives highly individualized attention. The firm takes great satisfaction in its commitment to delivering to each of its community association clients a high-caliber work product that suits that association’s unique needs and objectives.
Experienced Assessment Collection Department
The firm also takes a great deal of pride in the reputation of its assessment collection department. The firm fully appreciates the importance of a community association’s ability to collect delinquent assessments, and the firm’s level of attention and staffing devoted to assessment collections is commensurate with this responsibility. The firm at all times strives to maintain an innovative, aggressive and highly responsive approach to assessment collections.
Our main office is located in Lake Zurich. We also maintain offices in downtown Chicago and in Homewood, which increases our efficiency in serving the needs of our association clients located in Chicago and the South and Southwest Suburbs. We are responsive to the needs of our clients, maintaining a high degree of personal contact with them. We value and strive for an ongoing and long-term relationship with our clients.